Android Software Engineer II - Microsoft
Are you interested in joining one of the most exciting teams and working on the fastest growing product in Microsoft? Then look no further than Microsoft Teams Core Messaging team based in Silicon Valley (SVC Messaging). You will be building innovative solutions that leverage state of the art mobile technologies to deliver the next evolution of collaboration and productivity features for Microsoft Teams Android App.
The SVC Messaging team provides exciting opportunities in building messaging and communication features that meet the needs of millions of engaging users of the fastest growing product in Microsoft's history. This is a unique opportunity to grow and apply your knowledge of innovative mobile technology and application architecture in a broad scope to have a significant impact.
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about culture as well as developing features and engaging the communities they serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. Big vision, an inclusive purpose, a passion for quality, curiosity as well as grit, and an investment in fun and collaboration are what lead to remarkable results.
As an Android engineer, you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers. The ideal candidate should be able to quickly make an impact on the mobile team and work with the larger Teams core mobile engineering organization to deliver an innovative and meaningful experience to hundreds of millions of Microsoft Teams users.
- Deliver Android experiences that are highly crafted and rewarding to the enterprise users, teams, and communities.
- Collaborate with server, web, desktop, design, and product teams to ensure the goals of the product are aligned with the delivered feature or service.
- Have a great understanding of Android applications, deep understanding of the competitive landscape and usage scenarios. Staying true to product vision and ability to plan and design various features in stages to reach the end goals in an evolutionary way is critical.
- Be customer obsessed. Understanding and anticipating the needs of our customers in a changing business and technology landscape is critical.
- Be a great engineer. You will be accountable for the design, implementation and delivery of solutions that will directly impact the customer adoption and experience. Doing this in an efficient, maintainable way with emphasis on reliability and product performance as the top concern is a must.
- Earn the technical respect of the people on the team. The ideal candidate should be capable of working in the code, supporting partner services, and driving deliverables across teams.
- 2-5 years of Android development experience for medium-to-large-scale applications.
- Hands-on experience in Android Studio using Kotlin and Java.
- Strong understanding of mobile technologies including database, networking, memory management, performance tuning, unit test and UI test, and Android frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of computer science, algorithms, and design patterns.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.