Viva Glint Senior Software Engineer - UI - Microsoft
What is Viva?
Microsoft is embarking on a new effort to address the growing needs of employees around the world. We are building a product suite designed to address the fundamental shift in how people work, build their career, and find meaning in their workplace.
Employee engagement is undergoing a fundamental shift in response to economic, demographic, and societal changes. People want to be excited about their work, be connected to their company culture, understand how to succeed, and feel supported across a spectrum of onboarding, skilling, coaching and mentoring. Our team is dedicated to examining the employee journey and delivering software and services to make it better.
What is Viva Glint?
Viva Glint is a premier employee engagement platform, working with over 1,000 leading companies in more than 150 countries to improve the health of organizations through real-time employee feedback. Glint blends AI technology and people science to power predictive insights that help human resources, leaders, and managers quickly make sense of engagement data, connect insight with outcomes, and take meaningful action.
Today’s employees are looking to be part of an inclusive and supportive culture, inspired by their leaders, and connected to their work and each other. Companies that excel at understanding the needs of their people, and enable their managers to respond in meaningful ways, see 2.5 times higher profit, 3 times lower attrition, and 3 times lower burnout.
The Glint product recently joined Microsoft as part of the Employee Experience (EXP) organization, which includes Viva Glint, Viva Learning, a new Viva module in development, and the Viva Horizontals teams. We run as a start-up, encouraging team members to share a sense of “founderism.” Team members engage directly with customers, iterate rapidly, and focus on solving the needs of employees around the world. Our culture is inclusive, casual, and high energy. Our team celebrates diverse backgrounds, and values passion for serving our customers. Our team has a strong sense of accountability and provides its members with opportunities for learning and career growth.
We are seeking an experienced senior software engineer to architect and build scalable and performant web applications using engineering best practices. You will work closely with other engineers, managers, product, design, and operations teams to create new solutions and improve existing products and features. You will drive engineering and operational excellence for Viva Glint. You will collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions, and evangelize best practices. You will also support, mentor, and help other engineers in the team.
#EXP #EXPJobs #MicrosoftViva
- Plan and implement beautiful, crisp, and maintainable user-facing experiences that are accessible to everyone.
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and organizationally critical programs.
- Drive long-term design thinking for systems and engineering processes with simplicity and maintainability as core tenets.
- Partner and work collaboratively with people across Product, Design, and Engineering teams spanning across geographies to deliver complex, large-scale experiences.
- Optimize code for best performance and accessibility.
- Propose and implement robust, scalable, performant, and maintainable solutions that are tested, reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Be a role model for an open, honest, and inclusive approach to problem solving.
- Mentor and develop engineers across all levels through sharing and learning.
- Help shape the experience for hundreds of millions of managers and employees in a newly emerging category – Employee Experience Platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent industry work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to create processes and solutions that are leverageable across teams.
- Experience developing features and experiences for large-scale, customer-facing applications across both mobile and desktop.
- Experience building accessible applications that follow WCAG and ADA specifications.
- Strong cross-discipline and cross-team collaboration skills.
- Experience analyzing and improving service efficiency and reliability.
- Experience with agile development process.
- Growth mindset to learn, seek diverse viewpoints, and stay current with industry trends and techniques.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.