Principal Product Manager - Microsoft
Microsoft Purview Security and Compliance platform team is looking for a strong, experienced, energetic and hands on Product Manager to drive product strategy.
Microsoft is in a unique position to help companies empower their employees, unlocking business growth and innovation. Microsoft’s security and compliance business leverages intelligence from Office 365, Azure and Windows to deliver a complete, intelligent, and secure solution for the modern workspace.
Microsoft Purview Security and Compliance platform team charter is to provide the foundation to enable consistent delivery of Compliance feature presence across all Microsoft environments.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to drive product innovation in one of our most critical customer-facing solution areas. This role will involve working with multiple engineering teams to have a deeper understanding of their unique technical architecture and to create and deliver on roadmap for a modern, efficient platform. Primary goals of the modern platform are to improve process consistency, optimize COGS, and provide improved visibility into state of all services leveraging the platform.
- Driving product strategy, design, and coordination across the group to drive consensus and process improvement
- Defining and measuring KPI’s/OKR’s for their feature areas and ensure the product roadmap accrues to measurable success.
- Driving strong partnerships between teams to understand their scenarios and translating them to requirements for products
- Fostering a strong working relationship with development, design, content, marketing, and business development
- Embracing an adaptable and flexible organizational culture and thrive in our fast paced and evolving industry/technology
- Providing strategic guidance to teams to define the long-term vision and strategy for the feature(s)/feature area
- Finding solutions to hard problems at massive scale and operationalizing them
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 8+ years experience in product management OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience shipping multiple releases of a major customer facing software/product/service in an agile environment
- Subject Matter Expertise in Security, Compliance, and Management including the compliance aspects of managed services
- Experience shipping multiple releases of a major customer facing software/product/service in an agile environment
- Experience working at a systems level and delivering platforms a plus
- Experience building large scale products desirable
- Adept communication skills, level-setting complex topics across engineering and executive teams
- Provide technical leadership with respect and integrity
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.