Senior Software Engineer - Microsoft
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
The Digital Enablement and Innovation group builds and maintains the platform that delivers accessible data to power real time decision-making for the CSCP organization. We are looking for an experienced, self-driven, Software engineer. In this role, you will be building an intelligent data-driven, near real time supply chain data processing platform that provides end to end visibility into Capacity Planning, Supply Chain, and infrastructure deployment. You will use latest technologies like Synapse, Spark, Digital, Streaming and ML and more to provides insights into potential risks, build frameworks that help in identifying root causes and proactively suggest remediation plan that will help in continuous optimization, cost savings, and improve profitability in Azure Capacity management and planning. This is a hands-on software engineering role that defines, builds, tests and deploys high-quality platform capabilities & features that will support re-usability, perform at scale, be supportable, and be extensible. You will work with a team of senior engineers and apply system thinking to solve complex technology challenges at the enterprise level, as well as provide platform services for other delivery teams.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of software engineering, data engineering and strong business acumen skills that will help them be successful in the role. The successful candidate will work in lockstep with Software Engineers, Data scientists, Business analysts, Product Managers, and other stakeholders across the organization. Your responsibility will include the following:
- Design & develop analytical platform that will enable insights to analyze and measure the rhythm of business;
- Drive architectural design across the engineering team using Microsoft’s latest software and services and/or 3rd party or open-source software as appropriate to drive operational excellence on a fast-growing, highly technical team;
- Developing Data Intelligence platform to ingest and refine data from diverse sources like Azure Data Lake, API, Streaming, Azure ML, Events, Kusto, Synapse, SQL Server, Cosmos, flat files etc.;
- Create Near Real Time semantic model to support business operational requirement;
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation;
- Create reports / dashboards using Microsoft technologies like Power BI, Lens Explorer, enable self service;
- Create analytical model, performing analyses on data to identify trends, patterns, correlations, and providing insights from data;
- Partner and collaborate with engineering groups and business stakeholders to predict Supply Chain; Deployment Milestones and identify risks that will help in proactive mitigation and smooth deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Management or, related technical field
- 8+ years of experience and proficiency in SQL, Python, Spark SQL, and Databricks
- 8+ years of experience in Event based data ingestion, transformation, and egress
- 8+ years of experience and proficient in data modeling, Data pipeline development, and Data warehousing
- 8+ years of experience in handling Data quality and governance
- Experience with Azure Event Hub, streaming, Azure ML, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services
- Synapse skills will be an added advantage
- Experience with Agile software development using the scrum methodology
- Experience developing with cloud-based technologies, including relational databases, data warehouse, NoSQL, Synapse, big data (i.e., Hadoop, Spark), Azure ML, Event based orchestration/data pipeline tools
- Experience in modern DevOps practices (including Git, CI/CD)
- Strong business acumen and adaptability to partner with the leadership on innovative solutions to constantly changing business requirements
- Exposure to C#, REST API, Azure Event hub/grid, Cosmos DB, Service Fabric, Azure cloud infrastructure
CLOUD SCREENING REQUIREMENT
The ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are needed for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screening: Microsoft Cloud Background Check - requirement to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check is needed upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.