Principal Software Engineer - Microsoft
Microsoft Teams is mission critical for small and large institutions worldwide. Teams usage has seen rocket ship growth as governments, schools/colleges & universities, NGOs & companies look to maintain continuity and productivity. The Events group is focused on tailoring the Teams experience specifically for virtual events including live events, webinars, and townhalls.
Help us drive & deliver the mission of being the best in class meetings and events solution.
Microsoft Teams tackles the toughest challenges in the calling and meetings space with scalability considerations for millions of daily active users. The Events team takes this to another level focused on large-scale events with thousands of attendees. Our customers include event organizers, producers looking to make an engaging experience, and attendees who expect easy registration and a smooth viewing experience.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer who is passionate about helping people connect with each other with technology and delivering end-to-end user facing scenarios through all the layers. We deliver functionality for several different customer needs, and applicants should have empathy and pride in delivering solid UI experiences for diverse customer sets. Our solution is highly connected with other code bases across Microsoft, and applicants should have experience delivering in a collaborative environment.
- Lead architectural design decisions across the Events team including web applications (React), service side (.Net), and database (Cosmos DB) components
- Listen to customers and leverage insights to build high-quality user experiences people love to use.
- Implement and deliver features with high quality and reliability.
- Deliver CPU, memory, and responsiveness improvements across Teams services and clients.
- Inform and drive next generation architectural investments that keep reliability and performance front and center
- 8+ years professional experience with programming languages including React, Typescript, and C#
- BS degree preferably in CS or related engineering field
- Proven delivery of cross-organizational projects requiring collaboration and communication skills
- Proven background with building great end-user experiences
- 10+ years of implementing code level patterns that allow large codebases & teams to scale
- Experience driving efforts across product groups and business units
- Exposure to networking and telephony protocols such as HTTPS, TCP/IP stack, SIP, ICE, RTP, RTCP
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.