Senior Software Engineer - Microsoft
Come work on a product that touches and transforms the lives of millions of families across the globe! Thrive in an innovative and startup-like environment putting your technical acumen and relentless customer obsession to the best use.
In line with our CEO Satya’s mission for Microsoft to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, the mission of the Modern Life eXperiences (MLX) team is to empower families to explore, learn and connect in a fun and safe environment.
Families are among the most valuable and loyal customers of Microsoft. Our solutions elevate families at Microsoft! We ensure they get the best out of productivity in Microsoft 365, gaming in Xbox, browsing in Edge and a seamless experience across Windows and Devices. Powered by highly scalable Azure services, we transform personal data into personal value and empower modern families to gain peace of mind, accomplish what matters most, and to ultimately allow them to focus on what’s most important: each other.
If you feel you’ve got the skills, experience, and the desire to create a meaningful impact in the lives of millions, we’d love to hear from you!
Your responsibilities will include:
- You'll be responsible for bringing to life cloud services and interfaces that will power all classes of devices including mobile, desktop and Xbox.
- You'll collaborate closely with our product and design teams.
- This role will leverage your passion for quality and test-driven development.
- A total of 14+ years of experience building cloud-native, distributed, highly scalable microservices, API management and database development
- Proficiency in C# or Java required
- Proficiency in ASP.NET Web API preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Azure cloud technologies preferred
- Good knowledge of object-oriented software development, algorithms and data structures
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field
- Deep customer empathy and focus on delivering high-quality customer experiences
- Proactive and self-motivated, and willingness to take on challenging technical issues
- Familiarity with building mobile apps using iOS (Swift or Objective-C) or Android (Java or Kotlin) is a bonus!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.