Software Engineer II - Poly - CTJ - Microsoft
Do you want to be at the center of Cloud Computing? Are you passionate in working on products that make Azure as “The Developer’s Cloud” - the place that every developer thinks first when they build their cloud application? The Privilege Validation team for the Azure Government Secret and Top Secret Clouds focuses on a wide variety of authentication services to include:
Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication overview - Microsoft Entra | Microsoft LearnAzure RBAC documentation | Microsoft Learn
Managed identities | Microsoft Learn
We’re looking for engineers who are passionate in building state-of-art services that make Azure a better platform for developers. As a Software Engineer II on the team, you’ll be able to participate in the whole lifecycle of the service development, including designing, coding, testing and running hyper-scale services in production. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of people and tackle large scale technical problems which gives you a great opportunity to impact Azure.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, and we’re dedicated to this mission across every aspect of our company. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Join us and help shape the future of the world.
- Design, develop and deliver user-friendly, state-of-the-art Azure services to provide world-class user experiences on Azure
- Work together with the team to ensure service quality, availability and reliability
- Participate in live-site and customer support to ensure customers using our services have a great experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills, self-driven and long-term strategic thinker
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies and industry trends
- Experience and passion for building highly scalable service
- Experience in object-oriented languages (like Java or C#) and related frameworks
- Experience with cloud infrastructures like Azure or AWS is preferred
- Experience with open source tools and frameworks is a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills
Software Engineering IC3 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $94,300 - $182,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $120,900 - $198,600 per year.Learn more about base pay ranges and pay equity: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.