Senior Software Engineer - Microsoft
Interested in a start-up experience that is fast-paced, exciting while also will give you tremendous learning opportunities? The Azure Specialized team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join one of the fastest growing parts of the Azure group. This team is a great place to grow your career while working on important initiatives that are key to the future growth of the public cloud. We collaborate regularly across the company from Azure Compute, Azure Storage, Azure Key Vault, etc. and external vendors to enable new experiences for our customers.
In this role you will be responsible for building a platform for integration of 3rd party products (services/hardware) from VMware, Nutanix, NetApp, etc.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to determine user requirements for a scenario.
- Work across Azure Networking teams such as Express Route (Hybrid stack), Software Design Networking, etc. to solve both Network problems and Software problems.
- Drives identification of dependencies and the development of design documents for a product, application, service, or platform.
- Creates, implements, optimizes, debugs, refactors, and reuses code to establish and improve performance and maintainability, effectiveness, and return on investment (ROI).
- Leverages subject-matter expertise of product features and partners with appropriate stakeholders (e.g., project managers) to drive a workgroup's project plans, release plans, and work items.
- Acts as a Designated Responsible Individual (DRI) and guides other engineers by developing and following the playbook, working on call to monitor system/product/service for degradation, downtime, or interruptions, alerting stakeholders about status and initiates actions to restore system/product/service for simple and complex problems when appropriate.
- Proactively seeks new knowledge and adapts to new trends, technical solutions, and patterns that will improve the availability, reliability, efficiency, observability, and performance of products while also driving consistency in monitoring and operations at scale.
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Software Design Networking(SDN)
- Prior experience working on cloud technologies and distributed systems
- Prior experience being accountable for running production systems
- Prior experience with VMware, Nutanix, etc. ecosystem products
- Experience working with remote teams
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Software Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.Learn more about base pay ranges and pay equity: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.