Why work at WebXT
Inside Microsoft's Web Experiences Team
Microsoft WebXT platform team delivers the cutting-edge infrastructure for Microsoft search and feeds experience. We are looking for a passionate platform developer to join us building the next generation core serving foundationfor fast growing demands of search and feeds. You will be hands-on in one of world’s largest distributed systems in production. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest cloud and machine learning technologies, in-house or open-source, and make direct impacts to the products used by billions of people daily.
- Share accountability of a wide array of assets and be comfortable with learning a broad array of technologies.
- Design and implement features in a distributed environment using data to guide and measure success.
- Debug and mitigate incidents in live production environments.
- Participate in regular team scrums and communicate regularly and clearly with team members and leads.
- Look for opportunities to use open-source technologies in our service or to share learnings, services and tools we have created with Microsoft broadly or the open-source community.
- BS degree in computer science or related technical discipline with 7 years of working through full product cycles
- MS degree with 7 years of working through full product cycles
- 7+ years’ experience with C#/C++/Java/Python or other OOP skills
- 3+ year’s hands on experience on production scale distributed systems
- Fluent in C++ is a plus
- Experience on high performance computing (e.g., cache/memory optimization, fine-grained parallel library and runtime) is a plus
- Experience on building Machine Learning/Deep Learning systems is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.