Microsoft Devices Software team is on a journey to create new experiences with Surface Devices. We believe in building devices that fully express the Microsoft vision. Fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want. Creating these new experiences and devices involves close partnership between hardware engineers, software engineers, designers, manufacturing along with the various industry partners that closely collaborate to create industry defining firsts. It totally takes a village. Our obsession for the right experience with our passion to enable everyone to do and be their best reflects in the devices we make. Come join us as we build an organization that scales with the challenges of creating new experiences and improving the existing ones.Surface PLE team is seeking a talented engineer with a strong background in shipping consumer devices.
Job responsibilities will encompass leading a team of high impact individuals who are designing and coding drivers (WDF/WDM), tools, firmware, Windows kernel. The job is highly dynamic and involves working across various disciplines to successfully deliver the product with Surface Devices experience and quality.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in software and/or product development
- Excellent C/C++/Java design and coding skills
- Proven track record of shipping devices or consumer electronics
- Experience with developing kernel device drivers/OR HAL (Audio/Camera/Display etc)
- BS in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 4+ years people management experience
- Familiarity with the System On Chip (SOC) hardware architecture and software for SOC
- Familiarity with embedded firmware, low level buses and signaling, HW schematics
- Worked / hands on kernel device drivers worked on multiple subsystems
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on complex and unfamiliar code
- Experience with dealing in geographically diverse teams
- Ability to handle the debugger well to quickly identify and resolve issues spanning multiple subsystems
- Experience with embedded system software development, especially at a system architectural level
- Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress in the face of it
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions (PM, Test, Hardware Engineers, etc.)
- Some domestic and international travel will be necessary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.