Art Director - Microsoft
The Microsoft Consumer Marketing – Creative Studio is looking for an outstanding creative talent – a creative agenda-setter, with a proven track record of consistently raising creative standards and a natural ability to think differently and inspire others.
The Art Director will be an integral role within the in-house Consumer Marketing Creative Studio which leads the origination, definition and production of creative content in the form of go-to-market marketing communications. The team leads creative quality and consistency for the Microsoft key consumer facing businesses (Microsoft Surface, Windows, Microsoft 365, Edge and Bing) by producing creative content across global marketing channels.
The Consumer Marketing Creative Studio is looking for a self-motivated, forward-thinking Art Director with a balance of creative ideation and core production skills. The role will include leading projects into agencies and leading other production designers. The chosen candidate will have a core creative background in marketing with strong experience in creative production ranging from motion, CG, graphic and live action.
The position will report to the Creative Studio Director and partner closely with the Studio Manager. From a day to day basis you will work closely on assignment with a Studio Producer and will provide creative leadership to a team of designers and copywriters. You will focus on generation of best in class brand creative and strategy, partnering with channel leads and our agency partners.
The role supports Consumer Marketing products across launch moments through to evergreen sustain marketing communications for all Microsoft Consumer channels (web, Social, retail, RM and paid media)
- Create concepts and craft creative direction for top tier assignments and be an advocate of creative quality and consistency
- Produce high quality content in-house
- Communicate and brief in creative concepts to agencies
- Build, develop, pitch and present decks and creative concepts/direction to communicate ideas aligned to marketing briefs and business strategy
- Supervise, inspire, communicate and prepare teammates on design production tasks
- Collaborate with the Studio manager and Producer(s) to resource the appropriate internal and/or agency artists for creative assignments
- Create strong working relationships with key partners (channel leads & brand)
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 3+ years experience working in product or service design
OR equivalent experience (e.g., experience using design thinking to solve problems).
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 5+ years experience working in product or service design
- OR Master's Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 3+ years experience working in product or service design
- OR equivalent experience (e.g., experience using design thinking to solve problems).
- 2+ years experience shipping games or products and/or delivering to customers as a result of an end-to-end design process.
- 5yrs+ experience originating world class creative assets for consumer brands
- Experience in leading both external and internal design teams
- Strong Production design capability – motion, CG, graphic
- In-depth knowledge of production pipelines (CG, Live action, Brand design)
- Familiarity in presenting creative ideas to agencies
Product Design IC3 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $94,300 - $182,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $120,900 - $198,600 per year.Learn more about base pay ranges and pay equity: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.