Senior Software Engineer - Microsoft
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Frameworks team at Microsoft develops AI software that enables running AI models everywhere, from world’s fastest AI supercomputers, to servers, desktops, mobile phones, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, and internet browsers. We collaborate with our hardware teams and hardware partners to build the software stacks for novel AI accelerators. We work closely with ML researchers and developers to optimize and scale out model training and inference. The team operates at the intersection of AI algorithmic innovation, purpose-built AI hardware, systems, and software. We are a cross-discipline team of highly capable and motivated people with a collaborative and inclusive culture. We collaborate with and contribute to the open-source community. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to work on the fundamental abstractions, programming model, compilers, runtimes, libraries, and APIs to enable large scale training and inferencing of models on novel AI hardware.
- Apply engineering principles for defining robust and maintainable architectures and designs.
- Collaborate broadly across multiple disciplines from hardware designers to ML developers.
- Help establish and drive the adoption of good coding standards and patterns.
- Perform software development in C/C++, Python, and other languages.
- Identify requirements, scope solutions, estimate work, schedule deliverables.
o OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years' experience with C/C++
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- 1+ years’ experience with Python
- A technical background and solid foundation in software engineering principles and architecture design
- Intellectual curiosity and passion about learning new technologies
- Exposure to Deep Neural Network training and inference and experience in one or more deep learning frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, ONNX, etc.)
- Cross-team collaboration skills and the desire to collaborate in a team of researchers and developers
- Communication skills (both written and oral)
Software Engineering IC3 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $94,300 - $182,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $120,900 - $198,600 per year.
Software Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.
Learn more about base pay ranges and pay equity: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.