Technical Program Manager- Product Compliance - Microsoft
Technical Program Manager: Shaping the future of video
Clipchamp is the go-to video platform with one simple mission: to empower anyone to tell stories worth sharing. Since 2016 we’ve attracted millions of registered users globally and counting, and that’s only the beginning. We've now joined Microsoft's Office Media Group (OMG) - to empower every person and organisation to achieve more with media!
Building and maintaining strong connections across location and time is critical in the world we live in, and the emotional power of media – video, audio, and photos – makes it perfect for fostering personal connections and sharing information.
Our in-browser platform gives users access to professional video editing tools and features alongside a 1 million asset-strong stock library and hundreds of editable video templates. We're the go-to platform that's built with everyday editors and creators in mind.
About the Team
While Clipchamp is predominantly based in Australia, OMG is a global team, with offices in four countries. Joining Clipchamp, means you'll join a team of colleagues who live all around the world. We’re committed to each team member feeling connected, regardless of where they work and live.
About the Role
We're looking for a pragmatic and business-minded Senior Technical Program Manager to focus on applications and services, compliance and accessibility. This role’s mission is to help us earn customer trust, deliver a usable experience for everyone, and reduce risk by driving frameworks and strategies for security and privacy.
The person loving this role will have effective program management skills, compliance fluency, and a deep understanding of Microsoft's technical infrastructure and dependencies. This role will be accountable for cross-functional effort, project managing across our different product squads who value user-obsessed product management, effective cross team communication & collaboration to build better solutions.
As a Technical Program Manager, you'll be:
- Designing the strategy and program managing deployment of security compliance remediations at scale for all Clipchamp apps
- Engaging with product squad members to ensure that compliance requirements are addressed with a balanced approach to business outcomes, customer needs and squad velocity
- Establishing reporting and monitoring needs, working with the data team to publish scorecards via reporting programs
- Building out 1st party and 3rd party program / platform strategy alongside key stakeholders in engineering, growth, and product management.
- Acting as project manager supplier / platform migration for key post acquisition activities
- Evangelizing best practices for compliance within the Clipchamp org
- Designing and program managing strategic initiatives for accessibility
- Functioning as the in-house accessibility point of contact and subject matter expert who monitors industry trends and stays connected with Microsoft internal accessibility stakeholders.
- Working closely with product designers, product managers, and accessibility experts to design practical solutions to complex issues
- Enabling the end-to-end management of processes using tools such as Azure Dev Ops and others to enable teams to produce high quality products, and programs efficiently at scale
Who we're looking for:
- Proven experience of technical program management experience in a fast-paced, results driven culture
- Proven experience of working with software development teams on security, privacy, or data protection compliance-related activities
- Ability to rapidly gain/build trust and confidence of internal and external stakeholders
- Leadership through Influence; an ability to drive clarity and alignment across stakeholders to a common objective and define execution priorities against those objectives
- Proven ability to orchestrate activities and problem solve across multiple stakeholder teams, leading others in delivery of a solution
- Comfort with a constantly evolving and sometimes ambiguous landscape; commitment to flexibility and an ability to operate with minimal direction
- Clear, concise, and convincing communications - written, oral and presentation
And nice-to-mentions, but not required:
- Technical proficiency in the tools and application of accessibility guidelines such as MAS (MICROSOFT ACCESSIBILITY STANDARDS), WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.0, WCAG 2.1 and SEC (Secure Enterprise Content) 508, ENG 301 549 standards along with industry best practices
- Program management experience at Microsoft for enterprise grade products
- Experience integrating with ODSP (OneDrive and SharePoint)
- Education or related experience in technical fields such as computer science, engineering, information management
- Shipped a Windows inbox component/apps, shipped a M365 cloud service / Azure
Please note: All new employees of OMG/Clipchamp will be required to partake in a background check.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.