Senior Technical Producer – Gears of War – The Coalition - Microsoft
The Coalition is a Microsoft first-party development studio located in Vancouver, Canada. We are the official home of the Gears of War franchise, and our objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of Microsoft’s entertainment platforms and devices. Our team is comprised of deep creative and technical talent from across our industry and beyond, working cohesively to delight our fan base and pass expectations of what is possible. As a studio, we lead from our values and work together to promote respect and inclusion, a growth mindset, G.R.I.T (Guts, Resourcefulness, Initiative & Tenacity), all while putting our team first! Join us and let’s go far together!
The Coalition Studio Engine Team is looking for a Senior Technical Producer to collaborate with team to deliver best in class gaming experiences for our players while hitting quality, schedule, and business targets. The Coalition Studio Engine Team is a studio team looking over Builds, Tools, Automation, Systems, Rendering, Audio Engineering, and Machine Learning.
- Managing one or more teams within the Engine Group and working directly with the Production Directors to drive features to completion
- Communicating goals to the team and motivating them to execute on time and at a high-quality level while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Creating roadmaps and providing regular roadmap updates
- Executing against plans by working with the leadership team to prioritize deliverables, manage risks, react quickly to challenges, report regular status, and evaluate their group against deliverable completion and quality success criteria
- Connecting with stakeholders to identify requirements
- Identifying processes to improve efficiency
- Focusing on project development with an emphasis on team empowerment
- Direct line management of project managers/producers and other staff
Bachelor's Degree AND 4+ years experience in project management or program management with some experience managing central technology team ideally for console products with multiple customers.
o OR equivalent experience.
- Experience in development and shipping of at least one product release.
- 1+ year of technical background or hands-on experience in software development
- 3+ years experience managing relationships with stakeholders, clients, and/or customers.
- 2+ years of technical background or hands-on experience in software development
- Experience with a variety of project management methodologies (Scrum, Agile, Waterfall etc.).
- Strong Communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management leadership experience.
- Has managed managers and leads.
- Experience working with game engines (e.g. Unreal, Unity, proprietary engines) and/or infrastructure teams (e.g. Builds, Tools, Automation, Systems, Rendering) is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.