Senior Software Engineer - Microsoft
We are the Microsoft Defender team, one of the most exciting security products of Microsoft. The landscape of our consumer applications is vast, ranging from consumer devices to enterprise applications. It is imperative that the product continues to evolve to meet the changing landscape. From detecting nation state actors to complex supply chain attacks, our team brings deep knowledge of the attacker landscape and tradecraft to create the innovations necessary to uncover even the most well-funded attacker. Tackling such a vast problem space requires engineers to define and drive the high-quality Endpoint Protection (prevention, detection, response, and remediation) across millions of enterprise devices.
Providing peace of mind for our customers with our security solutions is what excites us every day! Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, previous work histories, and life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. We are passionate about learning on the job, collaborating with other teams, and being customer obsessed.
Like us, if you are passionate about positively impacting over a billion users by providing peace of mind through easy to use cyber security products, come join us
As a Software Engineer in our team, your areas of focus will be within an end-to-end team to design, build, deploy and manage cloud services that will help end users stay and feel safe from cyber threats. Users must be able to control and access this information from Web Browser, Desktop, and Mobile applications. You take pride in focusing on fast paced ideate/create/learn cycle and measurable value growth through the experiences you build. You will work under the guidance of a Senior/Principal Software Engineer, work with Program Managers, and other Security Engineering disciplines to deliver core features for our security solution.
Additionally, as a self-driven person, you will also be responsible for ensuring code quality, provide thought leadership in bringing innovation to our products and engineering practices.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Software Engineers, Program Managers, Security researchers, and Data Scientists.
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer working on industrial strength software and a proven track record of having shipped commercially successful software products & services.
- 8+ years of experience in designing data structures, algorithms, highly concurrent programming, analysis of algorithm complexity.
- Demonstrated debugging, monitoring, diagnosing, and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of building performant, scalable, reliable, distributed services
- Designing systems and processes for running services at scale, drive cost & operational efficiency, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodology and being responsible for E2E quality of the service experience
- Eager and enthusiastic to learn new technologies with bias towards getting things done.
- Good debugging and problem-solving skills
- Work independently, drive and manage technical and architectural dependencies.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.