Director, Relationship Marketing - Microsoft
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our consumer marketing team is transforming the way we reach and engage with our customers. We aspire to deliver more personalized, cross channel, connected customer experiences across our apps and services – But we need your help!
The Consumer Growth Engine is a digitally centric marketing team focused on delighting customers with relevant, timely, personalized communications to help them get more value out of Microsoft products and services. We are looking for an experienced Director of Relationship Marketing to lead several critical efforts across the organization. The ideal candidate has a strong record of digital marketing, personalized customer-journey creation, marketing operations / technical knowledge, stellar collaboration skills, and a relentless drive to engage and delight our customers around the world.
As the Director of Relationship Marketing for our productivity services including: Outlook, OneDrive, Office, Teams and M365, you will be accountable for developing communications strategies to drive growth outcomes across the lifecycle – from acquisition, onboarding, engagement and retention. You will be focused on developing personalized journeys and customer communications to grow the ecosystem of users across our productivity portfolio.
You will lead the day-to-day management of a talented team and ensure flawless execution across all various owned and operated channels. You will partner with cross functional teams spanning marketing, engineering, operations and data science to drive shared goals and outcomes.
- Own customer journeys and lifecycle marketing that reaches millions of customers dynamically across in product experiences, email, web and mobile end points.
- Leverage a deep understanding of our customer base to create effective segmentation, personalized journeys, and new engagement programs.
- Define and direct impactful campaigns across multiple channels, customer segments, and marketing platforms/capabilities to drive engagement.
- Partner with engineering and product marketers across our consumer marketing organization to evolve in-product messaging to deliver customer-first experiences and fuel retention.
- Land new product announcements across our digital channels
- Define and drive success criteria, campaign measurement and lead cross-functional alignment to achieve the defined goals.
- Shape and leverage marketing platforms, data and technology for success.
- Deliver consistent cross-organizational communication throughout planning and execution, while connecting and leading key stakeholders across multiple regions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Paid media, or related field AND 5+ years integrated marketing (e.g., campaign planning and execution, digital marketing), program management, marketing operations and technology (including campaign reporting and analysis), or related work experience.
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years proven track record of leading and managing high performing, diverse teams.
- 5+ years planning and launching products and/or services across multiple markets.
- Proven track record driving direct marketing in digital-first business
- Paid media buying experience is a plus.
- Subscription lifecycle marketing experience is a plus.
- Ability to influence and collaborate at various levels of the organization, from individual team contributors to executives.
- Demonstrated functional expertise across marketing journeys, customer segmentation, data management for tailored communications, customer insights and analytics, processes and operations.
- Proven track record of thriving around ambiguity, with the ability to develop and drive key transformative initiatives in an unstructured, fast-moving and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Demonstrated success in delivering innovative, engaging, and scalable global marketing programs for customers.
- Strong executive presence and proficient in data driven storytelling.
Integrated Marketing M5 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $124,800 - $242,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $159,000 - $264,000 per year.Learn more about base pay ranges and pay equity: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.