Data Center Inventory & Asset Technician I - Microsoft
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a Data Center Inventory & Asset Technician (DIAT).
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I DIAT, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development of all employees and offers trainings and opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Do you want to empower billions across the world? Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action!
Data Center Inventory & Asset Technician Responsibilities:
- You will receive guidance on standard processes and procedures, and will comply with Global Data Center Operations and service-level policies. You’ll also complete assigned tickets efficiently, escalating them to more senior technicians as appropriate.
- You will prepare and perform basic hardware startups and shutdowns, escalating complex tasks to others as needed. You’ll also perform post-execution quality checks to verify everything is set up according to safety protocols and deployment standards.
- Under guidance, you will perform basic diagnostics and troubleshooting, and will follow procedures to communicate and report any incidents. You’ll also decommission hardware for simple changes and refreshes, escalating complex work and discrepancies as needed.
- You will contribute to issue tracking and maintain an awareness of key performance indicators. You’ll also develop an understanding of cross-functional support processes for stakeholder partnerships, as well as complete all other required training.
- You will comply with all safety, security, and data management procedures, and will contribute to a positive team environment by sharing information, responding to feedback, and adopting best practices. At all times, you’ll display accountability and ownership of data center facilities.
Required/ Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent and basic knowledge of computer hardware and components.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications (PQs)
- 1+ year(s) experience in warehouse/supply chain in an information technology (IT) environment, IT, and/or logistics, operating heavy-load movement equipment (e.g., forklift, pallet jacks, chassis lifts) for a large corporation
- OR equivalent experience.
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Data Center Technicians ATR-B - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $20.50 - $32.40 per hour. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $27.00 - $34.80 per hour.
Data Center Technicians ATR-C - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $26.00 - $46.15 per hour. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $36.00 - $50.70 per hour.Learn more about base pay ranges and pay equity: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.