Data Center Project Manager CTJ - TS - Microsoft
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a Data Center Project Manager (DCPM) on the U.S. Government Airgap team, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s dedicated online services supporting the U.S. Government.
While our U.S. Government dedicated data center operations team has a sharp focus on serving our U.S. Government customers and helping them achieve federal missions, together, all of Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 data centers and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our data center design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class Cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global data center operations team.
As a Data Center Project Manager, your responsibilities include:
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of data center activities
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships with customers
- Create and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on time delivery
- Plan, manage, and communicate end-to-end project plans with stakeholders and teams
- Perform day to day project check-in and update to manage project delivery and quality
- Identify risks, gaps, and opportunities and communicate to stakeholders and other teams to drive resolution
- Gather and provide feedback on lessons learned, best practices, and innovations on process/procedures and tools to improve efficiencies and productivity
- Be part of a mobilization team that supports deployments and break/fix activities at data center locations experiencing high work volumes
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- High School Diploma or equivalent AND 1+ year(s) industry experience
- OR 2+ years industry experience and college course work.
- 2+ Years’ experience in a 24x7x365 production environment or related experience
- 2+ Years’ experience in data center processes and tooling or related experience
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
- Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
- Technical College degree or certification in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, or equivalent work experience
- Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Perform and execute organization’s safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge assessments
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights
- Willingness to work flexible hours, non-business hours, or other scenarios required by the flow of operations
Data Center Operations Management IC3 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $76,400 - $154,100 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $102,700 - $169,200 per year.Learn more about base pay ranges and pay equity: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.