Head of Portfolio Marketing and Events - M12 - Microsoft
M12 is the corporate venture capital arm of Microsoft focused on early-stage investments spanning Vertical SaaS, Cloud Infrastructure, Cyber Security, Dev Ops, Autonomous Systems, Healthcare and Web3/Metaverse/Gaming. We’re honored to have backed teams at over 100 companies since launching the fund in 2016 and supporting them with value-added resources through access to Microsoft ’s platform. M12 is headquartered in San Francisco with presence in Seattle, Tel Aviv, London, and Bangalore. We’re looking for an intellectually curious and motivated professional, ideally with venture or startup experience, who can help drive growth and revenue opportunity for our portfolio companies. Your goal is to optimize the growth of our portfolio through marketing and other customer acquisition strategies and tactics. You will represent M12 and its portfolio in meetings with technology and business leaders and advise portfolio companies on how to best position opportunities to large enterprises. With a large number of opportunities to pursue, this role requires a strategic thinker with the ability to correctly prioritize activities for achieving both short-term and long-term objectives. Good communication and relationship-building skills are critical, as the person in this position will serve an important marketing role for M12 and will interface with senior executives externally.
We place a premium on diversity of ideas and are excited to add new perspectives to our team. We value accountability, continuous learning, inclusivity, teamwork, transparency, and trust.
- Lead, create, and execute marketing strategies and tactics to promote and create opportunities for M12’s portfolio companies including through Microsoft Executive Briefing Center engagements (EBCs), enterprise customer innovation sessions, industry and sponsored event participation, etc.
- Plan, develop, and implement M12 portfolio presence at events, including conferences, dinners, trade shows, and sponsorships.
- Manage marketing and event planning budget and develop metrics to assess the effectiveness and impact of activities on portfolio growth.
- Build a network of key constituencies at large enterprises and facilitate introductions based on a close understanding of portfolio company strategies, products, and technology.
- Develop insights from relationships and enterprise engagement to help inform Investment team’s theses and pipeline.
- Support periodic or “on demand” engagements between Microsoft executives and portfolio companies (working with M12’s thesis groups).
- Create, develop, and amplify customer stories on behalf of portfolio in partnership with head of communications and portfolio development team.
- Manage a team of professionals to execute on the charter and partner with others on the platform and operations team for maximum impact.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Business Development, Business Management, Communications, or related field AND 7+ years sales, marketing, or business development experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2 years of people management experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Business Development, Business Management, Communications, or related field AND 8+ years sales, marketing, or business development experience
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, or related field AND 6+ years sales, marketing, technology-based, or business development experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years people management experience.
- Startup or venture experience
- Lead generation work
- Event management
- Broad network and ability to build further
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.