Senior Manager, Sales Enablement & Operations - Device Partner Sales (DPS) - Microsoft
Our Device Partner Sales (DPS) is seeking a strategic, collaborative, revenue-driven Sales Excellence Manager with strong business acumen to drive worldwide support for device partner growth areas including IoT, Mixed Reality and Collaboration partners.
DPS plays a critical role as part of the Global Partner Solutions organization to achieve Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We build, market and sell edge and cloud devices and solutions with our broad partner ecosystem that includes OEMs, IoT and Mixed Reality device manufacturers, device distribution channels, original design manufacturers, and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to innovate with device partners, transform how we sell devices and services with partners and build devices that consume our cloud.
Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle -- from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners engage consumers, students, and businesses worldwide. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business and helping to identify new areas of innovation. You will also join a people-first culture with values that support a growth mindset, diversity, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
The Sales Excellence Manager is a crucial role at Microsoft to help enable the sale of devices & services through business planning and optimization, metrics tracking and analysis, and as an overall team advocate. The role requires an understanding and alignment to the rhythm of the business, financial accountability, market insights, partner marketing, training and compliance and serving as a trusted leadership advisor to the sales leaders for IoT, Mixed Reality, and Collaboration.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
Business Partnership and Support
- Strategy Planning: Drives sales enablement through business planning. Analyzes and leverages business insights to benchmark performance and make suggestions on current and future actions based on key drivers, opportunities, and risks. Supports the integration, alignment, and execution on the defined actions across the R5/SR13.
- Drives scorecard target planning processes, monitors actuals/variances and works with metric owner who develops/executes COE.
- Guiding Sales Growth Opportunities: Advises and contributes to operationalizing prioritized sales plays and industry solutions. Identifies opportunities to generate new business and accelerate the closing of existing opportunities.
Sales Coaching for Growth and Transformation
- Coaching Sales Teams: Coaches and builds relationships with sales and GTM team on executing key priorities. Helps sales team achieve increased individual and team capability, employee satisfaction and collaborative selling efforts.
- Creating New Habits: Improves awareness and clarity of global, regional, sub region programs among sales and GTM teams and managers. Intakes and contributes to adopting plans to create new habits among sales and GTM teams.
- Optimizing Sales Processes and Capabilities: Contributes to optimizing sales team processes and capabilities. Assesses partner needs and applies methodologies and resources to transform seller capabilities, sales processes, and/or partner engagement processes.
- Surfacing Sales Blockers: Partners with sales leadership teams to remove sales roadblocks, drive utilizations of GTM investment, increase partner-facing time, and enhance seller capability and effectiveness. Provides input to sales and GTM teams to anticipate and mitigate risks. Captures and integrates feedback on challenges or blockers and communicates feedback to relevant teams through the appropriate channel.
Driving Sales & Marketing Process Discipline
- Leveraging Reporting and Analytics: Drives analytics on key revenue drivers. Integrates findings from data analysis and leverages reporting and analytical capabilities to generate data-based insights. Enable visibility into revenue and forecast for sellers, sales managers and leaders, or partners.
- Execution Excellence: Instills sales & marketing process discipline, adherence to standards and excellence in execution, or pipeline health. Holds sales and GTM managers accountable for account plan and marketing plan quality and completeness. Helps ensure consistency and excellence in the sales and marketing process within the segment/region; shares best practices within their team.
- Driving Effective and Rigorous Usage of Tools: Acts as a subject matter expert to advocate and support effective and rigorous usage of common and/or new processes and tools developed for the wider business to improve internal and external communications and engagements. Consolidates input from the supported area into the feedback loop. Communicates feedback to leaders, DPS PMO and Systems & Tools teams on tools.
- Ensure sales and marketing processes comply to MS policies, regulations, and requirements - be the compliance advocate for IoT/Mixed Reality/Collaboration
Supporting Executive Capacity
- Supports leader capacity as a senior leader and trusted advisor
- Represents the sales teams as an internal advocate and an extension of the leadership.
- 4+ years’ experience with active participation in sales, sales operations/management, account management, program management, business development, marketing, consulting, or a related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience using data to drive business outcomes or inform business decisions.
- 3+ years of experience managing relationships with stakeholders, clients, and/or customers.
- Entrepreneurial Growth Mindset
- Challenge with positive intent, demonstrating emotional IQ and great levels of empathy, demonstrate strong listening skills, selfless mindset
- Deliver Sales Strategy and execute through change management and stakeholder engagement success
- Commitment to modelling excellence and bringing people with you on a journey
- Thrive in a fast paced, challenging yet supportive environment
- Experience identifying compliance, process, program gaps and work with senior stakeholders and process/solution owners across global teams to enable the required change
- Possess a high sense of responsibility and at the same time demonstrate enthusiasm to achieve positive results
- Experience using data to drive business outcomes or inform business decisions.
- Managing relationships with stakeholders, clients, and/or customers.
- Managing projects, including planning, managing timelines, and tracking progress, and/or change management experience.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft partner ecosystem and programs
- Experience in IoT, Mixed Reality, or Collaboration device or solutions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.