Business Development - Microsoft
Are you passionate about the safety and security of our global customers? Do you want to join a fast paced, high performance team that’s helping to shape the fastest growing business in the company today? The Security, Compliance, Identity and Management (SCI+M) Business Development team at Microsoft is responsible for identifying and executing strategic business development opportunities which serve to accelerate time to market and grow the overall business; we’re looking for the right person to join us and fill an exciting new role.
This Business Development Manager (BDM) role will be primarily focused on supporting our Cloud Security portfolio of products and services with opportunities to also work with our Endpoint Security and Extended Detection and Response product teams. If selected for the role, you’ll work closely with the U.S. based BD Lead for Cloud Security to propose, structure and execute strategic partnerships and other inorganic engagements with ISV’s, CSV’s, MSSP’s, SI’s and more - all with a focus on growing the Security business.
Our high performing, collaborative members are individually brilliant, love working with each other, and we value both a positive team dynamic and embrace diverse perspectives to help all of us learn, grow, and deliver better business outcomes. We embrace trying new things and learn from any outcome.
Customer and Partner Focus
- Leverages internal and external network to develop new strategic relationships with senior business and technical decision makers; develops relationships as a trusted advisor for Microsoft Security product leaders; provides industry insights internally.
- Articulates the value of Microsoft Security solutions in the context of the customer's perspective, leveraging knowledge of customer and partner business priorities and/or drivers and anticipating changes and actions to influence decision making, identify opportunities, and influence the product roadmap
- Executes and applies value propositions, amending the framework as appropriate to create partnerships with customers and partners. Influences internal stakeholders and partners and promotes the value of opportunities.
- Positions the Microsoft value proposition versus competitors and works with stakeholders to influence product roadmap to meet customer needs, leveraging knowledge of Microsoft and customer issues in conjunction with product/industry teams to establish a foundation for future opportunities in competitive situations through collaboration. Provides insight on industry and/or competitive trends and drives action based on insights
- Identifies and collaborates with a diverse set of stakeholders to develop plans to source deals that target high-priority gaps across technology, product, business, and/or geography. Identifies opportunities and strategy and maps target customers/partners; utilizes quantitative data (e.g., usage, revenue) to inform internal and external decisions; provides input into recommendations on partners.
- Builds and shares pipeline plans. Manages pipeline by identifying and promoting prioritizing, guiding, influencing processes that develop and deliver on pipeline opportunities and optimize resources to better deliver including preparing information for reporting to key stakeholders, identifying key stakeholders and reporting.
- Leads deal opportunities across deal stages (e.g., Strategic Approval (SA), Approval to Negotiate (A2N), Final Go-no-go (FGNG)) Represents Microsoft in key customer and partner interactions and recommends deal structures, leveraging experience to articulate key deal terms. Collaborates proactively to close opportunities and scale the business. Identifies opportunities for customized approaches. Identifies negotiation scenarios and manages executive escalations. Manages stakeholders to gain consensus and ensure internal alignment.
- Develops plans for managing deals, including communications and reporting with Microsoft stakeholders. Resolves blocking issues using known techniques.
- Collaborates with customers, partners, and Microsoft colleagues to develop post-deal governance and ensure design, communication, and alignment in creation and implementation of execution plans across a portfolio of deals within a particular domain; ensures customers and partners are prepared for implementation. Develops KPIs to demonstrate achieved business value. Troubleshoots complex issues and course corrects as appropriate. Articulates alternatives to blockers across a body of deals to develop consistent deal negotiation policy and drive application of scalable resolutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field AND 5+ years experience in investment banking, consulting, finance, marketing, corporate strategy, sales, venture capital, legal, business development, technology and gaming, and/or related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills in English.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field AND 7+ years experience in investment banking, consulting, finance, marketing, corporate strategy, sales, venture capital, legal, business development, technology and gaming, and/or related field
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration and 5+ years experience in investment banking, consulting, finance, marketing, corporate strategy, sales, venture capital, legal, business development, technology and gaming, and/or related field
- OR equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience in the technology industry, or a related industry, or in a technical role (e.g., IT, Engineering)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.