Data Analyst - Microsoft
Every day, hundreds of millions of people use Microsoft services such as Microsoft365, Azure, Xbox, Outlook.com… While they may not know it, all those user accounts are protected from cybercriminals by Microsoft’s Identity security team.
The Microsoft Identity security team is on a mission to protect our users from account compromise and fraud. Our data science team is at the core of this mission, creating and improving the machine learning based detections that are used to find and block the malicious actors from harming our customers. We are looking for an experienced data analyst to help us build advanced analytics and business intelligence capabilities. Your job will include working with data scientists and security researchers to understand detection mechanisms and defining evaluation methodologies to track performance of our ML systems. Define metrics and analytics framework to track key results over time. Author dashboards and build data pipelines to facilitate the data science efforts. Lead ad-hoc data analysis to explore areas of improvement and opportunities for product roadmap. Do you love big data and the challenges it entails? Do you like the idea of applying your technical skills to protect millions of Microsoft customers from malicious actors? Do you want be part of a team of smart, talented and mission driven people? Then this job is for you! #IdentityJobs #MSFTSecurity
- Own data analysis and visualization as it relates to all team areas, such as compromise protection, anti-fraud and abuse, and security attacks.
- Develop dashboards, metrics and analytical frameworks for key performance indicators and deep dive to understand the drivers.
- Identify new data sources and build data pipelines to extract data from raw data log into data warehouse.
- Provide metrics and reports for leadership business review.
- Help on abuse and security related incident response.
- Master's Degree in Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics.
- 2+ years of analyst experience in risk, account protection, security or identity.
- Data manipulation skills including SQL and Python.
- Data visualization skills including PowerBI and Tableau.
- Familiarity with using a modern big data platform such as Hive/Spark/Cosmos/Kusto
- Confident communicator with the ability to interact at all levels.
- Basic knowledge about ML, especially binary classification, and anomaly detections.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.