Senior Software Engineer - Health - Microsoft
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join us at Health ILDC and help us make a difference in people’s lives.
Health ILDC builds innovative technologies for the healthcare industry powered by artificial intelligence. We build products that allow healthcare organizations to improve their services and patient outcomes and empower patients with access to health data and knowledge.
Health ILDC is part of Microsoft Health & Life Sciences in the Cloud + AI division. We build cloud services on Azure to deliver technologies powered by conversational intelligence, natural language processing, machine learning, and diverse algorithmic approaches. We deliver products to millions of users around the world.
We are looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer to join our team, reporting locally in Israel. Responsibilities include design and development of software focused on Health AI, working closely with program managers, medical scientists and data scientists to deliver products. An ideal candidate would be a highly technical full-stack developer with server-side experience, has healthcare domain experience and bio-medical knowledge, experienced in delivering cloud services at scale, a team player, organized, with a positive, can-do attitude.
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in Computer Science (or equivalent) AND 4+ years of software development experience using C#, Java, TypeScript or similar.
- Track record of delivering services at scale and supporting complex production systems and enterprise-grade applications.
- Experience in building cloud-based solutions/services on a public cloud like Azure.
- Experience in handling security, privacy and compliance-related processes.
- Proven technical abilities - problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent listening skills.
- Methodical, well-organized, thorough and detail oriented.
- Team player, positive attitude, collaborative.
- Dedicated, hard worker, makes things happen.
- Health & Life Sciences domain experience or bio-medical knowledge is a significant advantage.
- Experience with NLP is a significant advantage.
- Background in Machine Learning is an advantage.
- Experience with Python is an advantage.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.