Principal Architect / Principal Android Security Architect - Microsoft
Innovative. Entrepreneurial. Passionate. Successful. If these are words you would use to describe yourself, then the Microsoft Devices and Experiences Group is a great fit for you. We are an industry leader in innovative consumer products and are looking for a leader with a passion for people and technology.
As part of the Microsoft Devices and Experiences organization, you will innovate products and experiences to lead the industry and create a loyal and rapidly growing fan base.
The role provides an opportunity to:
- Work with some of the top minds in the industry and impact the technology strategies and choices for Android based Surface mobile devices.
- Work in a software engineering team comprised of world class professionals who work on latest technologies and interact tightly with internal and external partners.
- Be part of an engineering culture focused on excellence, quality, innovation, and continuous learning.
You will be part of the Android Microsoft Platform Software Architecture team leading focus on the Android Open Source Platform (AOSP) software security architecture and how we deliver innovative Microsoft security extensions as part of our Android software platform, including on devices like Surface duo.
- Lead Android software security architecture.
- Deliver software security roadmap for the Android software platform
- Provide technical leadership and support to multiple software teams as well as systems engineering, hardware engineering, and services.
- Be the voice of Software Security Architecture during product planning, definition, development, and validation to ensure the delivery of high-quality devices and experiences on time, with no surprises.
- Collaborate with partners within Microsoft, Silicon Vendors, and the Android ecosystem to ensure the best possible architecture and solutions.
- Produce architecture and design artifacts in partnership with feature teams including technical estimates, conceptual, and systems designs.
- Responsible for driving and contributing to product milestones and reviews.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven ability to collaborate across disciplines and geographies to deliver mobile products and experiences that incorporate software, hardware, and services. You will need to demonstrate a strong commitment to people development and proven experience growing team members.
- 10+ years of experience focusing on software development in a Linux/Android based environment.
- 5+ years of experience developing software platforms, mobile products, or security researcher.
- Demonstrated experience leading by influencing and working effectively with cross-functional teams across software engineering, hardware engineering, product management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, a related discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Degree in computer science, engineering, a related discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in ARM or x86 based architectures.
- Understanding of ARM security architecture (Trustzone, Hypervisor), PKI constructs and usage, Knowledge on Android platform security
- Deep technical hands-on experienceof embedded systems softwareat a system architectural level.
- In depth hands-on experience of Android subsystems, applications, and services development..
- Experience in software research, security research, and technology incubation.
- Good understanding of key methodologies and processes involved in software development.
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability to make progress in the face of it.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.