Senior Site Reliability Engineering - Microsoft
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting fast-growing teams in Microsoft Israel? Then look at the Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service Reliability Engineering team. You will be building solutions meeting scales that few companies in the industry are required to support, that leverage state of the art technologies to deliver holistic protection to a user base of 10’s of thousands of States level organizations, enterprises, and businesses around the globe. The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection team is responsible for delivering a constantly evolving set of services and solutions to meet the challenging landscape of our ever evolving attackers.
The Services Reliability & Engineering team provides leadership, direction and accountability for application architecture, Cloud design, Infrastructures and Data platform development and end to end implementation. You will independently determine and develop architectural approaches and Infrastructure solutions, conduct business reviews, and operate our production services. Strong collaboration skills will be required to work closely with other engineering teams to ensure services/systems are highly stable and performant and meet the expectations of internal and external customers and users.
- Consistent experience in software development
- Mastering CI\CD concepts and hands on implementations experiences, specifically GIT
- Consistent experience of a mix of coding/testing/Integration
- Proven experience with building services, supportability and monitoring Infrastructures
- Experience with cloud native tools - Kubernetes, Helm, Docker.
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple project phases at the same time
- Strong analytical and problem solving and organizational skills Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Leadership skills: Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills. Feedback/Metrics collection techniques to expose live site/service issues
- Support a 24x7 live site support model for the services the team owns
- Software development experience in C#/Python
- Azure DevOps and GitHub tooling
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.