Senior Software Engineering Manager - Microsoft
Principal Software Engineering – Front-end technologies
Are you a great technical leader? Are you interested in leading a team to deliver product features that ship every week? Do you like working on technology problems which impact people on a global scale?
Microsoft Teams is a new application in the Office365family. We believe the modern workspace is underserved by the existing software solutions and we are building Microsoft Teams, the new, truly modern collaboration and productivity hub for the workspace. Microsoft Teams is also a platform for ISVs to buildon and extend their applications into the 100M+ Office 365 user base. This is a v1 product and will provide you with an opportunity to work with teams and technologies across the company and beyond. If you want to work in a startup-like environment with the desire to move fast, this may be the team for you.The Microsoft Teams product group is expanding to India and will soon start a group at India Development Center in Bangalore. We are looking for exceptional technical leaders to build the foundation of this new team. If the above excites you, then Microsoft Teams would like to hear from you!
The Microsoft Teams product group is expanding the world-class engineering team at India Development Center in Bangalore. We are looking for a seasoned Engineering Leaderto build the product for the next 100M users. This is an opportunity to lead a fast-paced, high-impact foundational project with cutting edge technology. We are looking for a top performing Principal Software Engineer, who would like to work in a startup-like environment, building technology fast and with high quality. The ideal candidate has strong product design and development skills. You will be a key member of the leadership team: driving critical design initiatives, taking part in strategic and tactical decisions, being accountable for shipping a complete product that succeeds with our customers.
You will be a key member of the engineering team driving critical design initiatives, being accountable for shipping a complete product that succeeds with our customers. You will be part of a very strong and fun team, building next gen user experience, staying touch on the state-of-the-art front-end technologies in both open source and Microsoft own stack. Some of the core responsibilities include designing, owning and shipping software, writing secure, reliable, scalable and maintainable code. Syncing with other teams for product features that span across teams and geographies, figuring out dependencies and driving them to completion. You should have a solid understanding of the software development cycle. Successful candidates should have ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies and adopt solution from within the company or from the Open Source community. In addition, strong problem solving & debugging skills are necessary.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Exemplary design and problem-solving skills, with a proven track record of engineering excellence at scale.
- Experience with web fundamentals, application performance analysis and improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn, share and improve.
- Proven track record as a strong performer with significant direct technical contribution.
- Will apply modern UI design principles and ensure the best experience across all applications in the suite
- Will Work with PM and UX to prototype and ship features on Microsoft Teams
- Are a thought leader and a change agent
- Are obsessed about great customer experiences and outcomes
- Believe technology can be a great enabler
- Are looking to be part of a diverse and inclusive team culture
- Are a great communicator, able to convey complex issues, ideas and concepts clearly
- Love mentoring and helping others grow in their career
- Are good at creating clarity, generating energy and delivering results
- Hands on experience in delivering web experience on a variety of form factors e.g. tablets, phones, etc.
- DevOps Experience supporting production systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.