Software Engineer _ multiple roles - Microsoft
Microsoft Development Center in Prague has got multiple positions open for Software Engineers to be hired across different teams.
The hiring groups are:
Identity Platform/Microsoft Entra - sits within our Security, Compliance, Identity and Management Division and is at the heart of the day-to-day technology experience for billions of humans globally, playing a critical part in enabling everyone to achieve more. Our suite of products powers everything from Windows to Office, Azure to Xbox. Microsoft Entra is a dynamic and inclusive team which cares deeply about our customer experience and works to solve extraordinarily complex problems at extreme scale.
Microsoft Identity and Network Access – IDNA Security Engineering team. Authentication Method Runtime team, of which you would be a part, is charged with delivering modern, secure, and delightful authentication experiences for customers, enabling the right methods for the right occasion. Authentication service, where you will work, serves > 100B requests per day touching over 1B humans globally.
- Design, develop, test and support features, experiences and solutions primarily in C#, SQL, ASP.Net, HTML5, React, Typescript, PowerShell, and Azure
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to build new features
- Support highly available services used by millions of users on a daily basis
- Work with support to triage and debug technical support requests
- Analyze how your features are performing in production to learn and make the product better
- Pair and participate in code reviews with other engineers in your team
- Experience developing production software
- Good system design, algorithmic skills, good knowledge of data structures
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Solid understanding of testing principles and high-quality software
- Excellent collaboration skills and critical thinking
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
Nice to have
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields
- Experience designing, building and running large scale and highly available cloud services or distributed systems
- General database knowledge and experience of working with data at high scale
- Troubleshooting skills across network, application, caching, queuing, load-balancing storage and distributed services layers
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud, Power Platform, or Dynamics 365
- Passion for high-availability, automation, performance and building highly available distributed systems at scale
- Practice of modern software engineering, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and releasing
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.